A fire broke out in the Abilene Reporter News building Thursday morning.
I remember hearing about the fire in class and immediately rushing to grab my camera (and some lenses for my friend Lauren who was also heading to the site) so we could capture this breaking news. We spent the majority of the day camped out on top of the Grace Museum; I was filming and Lauren was taking photos.
I also did a spot for KACU on this story, which you can find here.
For a full breakdown of what happened, you can visit the Optimist website.